10x Genomics Debuts Range of New Products at AGBT
The company also announced that its new Chromium Connect system is now shipping. Chromium Connect automates single cell workflows, maximizing lab productivity while reducing user variability to generate consistent, reproducible single cell sequencing results.
“The new products and features we have in the pipeline will empower scientists to study biology at greater resolution and scale than ever before,” said
Continuing its role as a pioneer in single cell genomics, the company also revealed the following new applications for its Chromium platform:
- Chromium Single Cell ATAC + Gene Expression - For the first time,
10x Genomicscustomers will be able to measure simultaneous epigenetic and gene expression markers from the same single cell at scale. The product is expected to arrive in the second half of the year.
- CellPlex - The new offering will provide flexibility for customers to run experiments on a scale of up to 160K cells or multiplex up to 96 samples per run on an 8-channel chip. In combination with other
10x Genomicsinnovations, this offering will allow for routine million-cell experiments. CellPlex is expected to be available in the second half of the year.
Additionally, together with its partners the company has demonstrated the ability to measure intracellular proteins together with gene expression in single cells using its Feature Barcode technology.
For the Visium Spatial Gene Expression Solution that began shipping in
- IHC Compatibility - Customers will be able to measure proteins and gene expression in tissue from the same sample at the same time, significantly increasing the overall amount of information gleaned. It is expected to be available in the first half of the year.
- Visium Spatial Gene Expression with Feature Barcode Technology - The new product will allow tens to hundreds of proteins to be measured together with gene expression on the same sample and is planned for availability in the first half of 2021.
- FFPE (Formalin-Fixed Paraffin Embedded) Compatibility - This new extension will enable Visium to work with FFPE tissues, the most common sample type for translational and clinical researchers. A number of customers are testing this capability in an early version. The company is targeting to release a separate dedicated FFPE solution in the first half of 2021.
Later this year the company will release its new 10x Cloud Analysis, a fast, efficient, safe and secure SaaS analysis for its most popular applications: Cell Ranger, Space Ranger, and Loupe visualization. Cloud Analysis will enable users to integrate their existing systems and workflows and scale up to large experiments without the need for investing in expensive hardware.
To learn more, visit 10xgenomics.com/future.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 as contained in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “could,” “intend,” “target,” “project” “contemplate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential” or “continue” or the negatives of these terms or variations of them or similar terminology. These forward-looking statements include statements regarding potential new features and products, which involve risks and uncertainties that could cause outcomes to differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management’s current expectations, forecasts, beliefs, assumptions and information currently available to management, and actual outcomes could differ materially from these statements due to a number of factors. These and additional risks and uncertainties that could affect
Source: 10x Genomics, Inc.